- This tutorial page gives detailed instruction on How to make an advanced dynamic display block slideshow where the play now... button links to a node with embedded video from 3rd parties like youtube.
- The thumbnail of the embedded slideshow will be used as the image in the slideshow.
- This tutorial is for version RC6 of the Dynamic display block module. Please upgrade to the latest version.
- Before making comments or issues, please read the FAQ.
Have a look for the Embedded content slideshow example working in our themes site.
Summary of steps
- Install required modules. (ddblock, jquery update, cck, views).
- Install emfield module.
- Import or create ddblock embedded video content type.
- Create at least 2 nodes to provide content for the slideshow.
- Import or create ddblock_embedded_video views block.
- Enable ddblock embedded video content type and ddblock embedded video view in the ddblock settings tab.
- Create and configure ddblock instance in the ddblock instance tab.
- Install dynamic display block themes.
- Add preprocess functions to template.php.
- Display advanced Dynamic display block slideshow.
Detailed instruction on How to make an advanced slideshow with embedded video from 3rd party sites is explained in the next page.